Best answer

Can I add/remove tags from subscribers in Klaviyo?

• 30 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

It’s me again! I was just in here asking something else (please don’t hate me).

I think I know the answer to this, but is there any way to add/remove tags from subscribers in Klaviyo? I don’t see it in the Update Subscriber action, so I assume its not possible :(

Any way around this at all?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 30 August 2022, 03:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ZapsAndApps!

Don’t worry about asking too many questions. That’s what we’re here for :)

There isn't direct support for Klaviyo tags right now, but I have added your contact information to a feature request we have for it, and you will be automatically notified if that feature is added.

As a workaround, we’ve seen some customers have success in creating a custom property field called "Tag", then adding the tag name to it. Then they will create a segment in Klaviyo that adds the tag to contacts that have that property.

Adding the "Tag" custom property in your Zap setup would look similar to this:

You could type in the tag name if it will always be the same, or possibly map it from a previous Zap step if it is available.

Here is Klaviyo's guide on creating segments: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005237908-Guide-to-Creating-Segments.

Hope that helps!

Hi there, I would love to be notified if this gets implemented as this is something that I would love to do as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ScottG!

I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that. You’ll be notified if/when that gets implemented :)