Best answer

Can I add/remove tags from subscribers in Klaviyo?

• 30 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

It’s me again! I was just in here asking something else (please don’t hate me).

I think I know the answer to this, but is there any way to add/remove tags from subscribers in Klaviyo? I don’t see it in the Update Subscriber action, so I assume its not possible :(

Any way around this at all?

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 July 2024, 16:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ZapsAndApps!

Don’t worry about asking too many questions. That’s what we’re here for :)

There isn't direct support for Klaviyo tags right now, but I have added your contact information to a feature request we have for it, and you will be automatically notified if that feature is added.

As a workaround, we’ve seen some customers have success in creating a custom property field called "Tag", then adding the tag name to it. Then they will create a segment in Klaviyo that adds the tag to contacts that have that property.

Adding the "Tag" custom property in your Zap setup would look similar to this:

You could type in the tag name if it will always be the same, or possibly map it from a previous Zap step if it is available.

Here is Klaviyo's guide on creating segments: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005237908-Guide-to-Creating-Segments.

Hope that helps!

Hi there, I would love to be notified if this gets implemented as this is something that I would love to do as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ScottG!

I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that. You’ll be notified if/when that gets implemented :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks, 

Just popping in here to share that the feature request has since been implemented! 😁

In case you missed the email notification that was sent out here’s the key information from it:

We have added a suite of new features around tags, including Add Tag to List, Add Tag to Segment, Remove Tag from List, Remove Tag from Segment, Find List, Find Segment, and Find Tag, in the newest version of the Klaviyo integration.

Please note that if you authenticated already to Klaviyo, you will have to reconnect your account to use these new features, as they use new OAuth scopes.

We hope you’re able to give these new features a try soon! And if you run into any trouble with them, please reach out in the Community or contact our Support Team directly for further assistance. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡