Question

Can I Add Multiple Payment Links to a Trigger?

• 29 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi everyone!

I’m in the process of launching a fitness program and have 3 different package offerings for various workout levels. I would like to set up a Zap that allows me to link a specific product link in Stripe to my Zapier trigger, instead of the given option that just says “New Charge” which would trigger any charge at all. 

I’d like to keep the payment links separate as this would allow me to then create separate Zaps that would let clients access specific groups in my fitness platform based on the product link they clicked on, without me manually having to add them to groups later. 

Is this possible? Thanks in advance for the help! :) 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @JaceyLynneG,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Since it’s not possible to trigger on specific product in Stripe. You may want to try adding a Filter by Zapier step for the Zap to only continue if the condition matches.

You can learn more about filter by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276332557-Add-conditions-to-Zaps-with-filters

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

I also have the same issue. What should be the filter - there are way too many options and everything I’ve tested so far, doesn’t work.

Also, in a separate thread there was an option to vote on being able to use Test environment in Stripe for a zap. Please add my vote to that feature as well. Thanks!

Hi there @JaceyLynneG,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Since it’s not possible to trigger on specific product in Stripe. You may want to try adding a Filter by Zapier step for the Zap to only continue if the condition matches.

You can learn more about filter by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276332557-Add-conditions-to-Zaps-with-filters

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks Ken!

I’ve been playing around with the filter but can’t seem to get anything to work. Do I need to have set up fake payments before Zapier will acknowledge my products on Stripe?

I’m just having a hard time understanding how the two platforms are supposed to interact.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JaceyLynneG 

Try using this Zap trigger: Stripe - Checkout Session Completed

Then for Step 2 use this Zap action: Filter

Hi @JaceyLynneG 

Try using this Zap trigger: Stripe - Checkout Session Completed

Then for Step 2 use this Zap action: Filter

Thank you!

I’m using the “payment link” feature in the filter and keep receiving the message that my Zap wouldn’t have continued for this test data because “Payment link: (missing sample)”.

Do you know why this might be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JaceyLynneG 

We would need to see screenshots how your Zap steps are configured and the DATA OUT from your Zap trigger related to the payment link. (e.g. plink_)

@JaceyLynneG

We would need to see screenshots how your Zap steps are configured and the DATA OUT from your Zap trigger related to the payment link. (e.g. plink_)

I have attached some images here so you can see the steps I have in my trigger, and the way I have the filter set up related to the payment link!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JaceyLynneG 

This makes sense why the Filter step would not pass, which is the yellow warning, because there is no value for the selected Payment Link data point.

Make sure to select a Stripe trigger example that has the desired data populated.

You may need to first test your payment link, then refresh the Zap trigger step to pull thru fresh data to use to configure your Zap.

I sent you a private message, Troy!