Best answer

Can Google Assistant read out a status?

• 26 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I would like to do something like;

“OK Google, what’s my next task?”. And have it pull the next task from my todo list and read it out. At the moment, I have it being able to add a task - but I can’t get it to read anything out. 

It doesn’t have to be fancy, just a simple call and response. Am I missing something, or is this not possible at the moment (bonus internet points if it can display something on a Google Nest screen). 

Thanks (love your work)

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 September 2020, 12:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @eleybourn, that’s a great use case! It’s not something that’s currently possible with the Zapier Google assistant notification as it’s currently only to trigger a Zap using your assistant, it’s not possible to get the assistant to do something using Zapier (ie there are no actions for Google Assistant). 

I think that this would be a great action to have, so I’m going to pass you to the Zapier Support Team as they will be able to create a new feature request on your behalf. Someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible. 

Userlevel 1

You guys rock. Thank you.