Best answer

Calendly to Google Calendar - add attendees to event created in Calendly

• 25 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am sorry I didn’t see the answer to my question on the forum. I have an event page on calendly and when people sign up, it automatically creates an event in our team calendar. We would like any of the team mates to be able to login from their own gmail/calendar and start the google meeting via the link that’s in the calendar event. So we want to add attendees to the meeting. My zap is setup so that step one is:  find the event in the shared calendar. Step 2: Add attendees to the event. But google calendar is not recognizing the attendees when I test. I’ve tried attendees email as the field that is to be updated. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Ideas?

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 25 February 2021, 21:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@dstudies Welcome to the forum, sorry that your previous post received no replies, but to better understand what you are struggling with screenshots would help. 

Specifically, what do you mean by “google calendar is not recognizing the attendees”

Email, or comma separated list of email addresses belong in the Attendee/s field

Are you getting an error message when testing? Do you have commas between the email addresses? Is the Event selected a real event or are you using the custom setting in the Event field?

Userlevel 1

Hi Thanks very much for the reply.  My print screen is not working very well. So I will attempt to be more clear with my words than I was at first.

I have two steps in the zap. First one is “New Event in Google Calendar.” That is working fine. It recognizes when I get a new event added to Google Calendar from Calendly. 

Second step is “Add Attendees to Event in Google Calendar”   I am having a hard time getting this to work right. 

Note: The event starts with Person 1 and 2 already in it. My goal is to add 3 additional persons without deleting Person 1 and 2. 

I am using the custom setting in the event field and trying to select attendees to have it update those.

Under Setup Action: I select the calendar. I am not sure exactly what to use for “Event” I have tried Attendees Email and Attendee Emails and both at the same time. 

Under Attendees:  I add the 3 new persons emails, separated by commas.

When I test the trigger, I get “App returned Not Found”  And when I troubleshoot the error, I get “Code 404 Not Found.”

Thanks for any advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@dstudies Check out https://zapier.com/zappy a simple screenshot tool that works better than print screen!

I think the problem is that you need to select the correct event in the event field, you need to put the Event ID in there from step 1…

Choose Custom under the Event
you can search for ID in the search box, and then select the ID from step 1. 

The email addresses should go in the Attendees field (it only adds, it doesn’t remove) 

The “not found” error youre getting is that it’s not finding the event, you have to tell it which event to modify, and you want it dynamic so it needs to point to the ID from the event in step 1. 

Let me know if that works or not. 

Userlevel 1

Yes, that worked! Thank you for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh I’m so glad that worked @dstudies please accept the answer so your question will show as solved. 

Thanks!