Question

Calendly and Keap - Unable to bypass optional field

• 18 February 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m setting up a pretty basic Zap.  When a new event is created, Create/Update a contact in Keap with a tag, and add the event date to a custom field.  However, Zapier is insisting that I add a company to the Company Field but not from the data that is coming from Calendly.  It won’t let me save the Zap until I choose a company that exists in Keap.  I don’t want to do that. It would be incorrect information.  Anybody know why this could be happening?  (The Company field is the only field that has the green “K” indicating that it’s required)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Debs

Company field is optional, so make sure the other required field are set.

NOTE: Required fields have a “Required” label on the right side above the field input.

If you need to set a value, then try adding this step to your Zap: Keap Find/Create Company

Then you can map the Company ID to the Contact action step using the ‘custom’ option: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action