Best answer

Calendar Starts > Post on Slack issues

• 1 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

This should be very easy to do but I'm having an extremely hard time to set this up. Taking me literally hours.

I've managed to make this work on a New Calendar Event Matching Search but somehow I cannot make it work on an Event Start that meets a specific search. I've tried everything I could think of and the thing that keeps coming back to me is that the test data is a dummy test data and never represents any real event that I have in my calendar and I have absolutely no idea why since New Calendar Event works fine…

What should I do? Here what my Calendar Test Data looks like. It only gives me this Test Event, I don't even have an event called “Test Event” on my Calendar.

(Yes, my calendar is correctly assigned to my real calendar, I've quadrupled checked it, the account is logged in and everything works fine on other zap tests)

icon

Best answer by jesse 10 June 2020, 19:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @elamhut 

Yep - Zapier will insert dummy data for tests when it can’t find real data (or hasn’t been asked to).

Have you tried opening that dropdown box and clicking to get more data - that *should* bring through new, live samples.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @elamhut! Another trick is to create an event that matches the search that will start in the next two hours. Then as @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu  suggested, click the button to get more samples, that should pull your event in!

Edited to switch ‘account’ to ‘event’ 

Userlevel 1

Hi @elamhut 

Yep - Zapier will insert dummy data for tests when it can’t find real data (or hasn’t been asked to).

Have you tried opening that dropdown box and clicking to get more data - that *should* bring through new, live samples.

I managed to get the sample a couple of times but it's extremely inconsistent. Sometimes I get a sample and I can never get another one (even tho I tried like doing the exact same steps). After getting a sample I tried moving it in my calendar to see if moving it further away or closer from my current time would affect things. I tried creating different events at different times. I tried creating a new calendar. It’s extremely not consistent, only managed to pool the correct event two times and I can't replicate it.

Hi @elamhut! Another trick is to create an account that matches the search that will start in the next two hours. Then as @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu  suggested, click the button to get more samples, that should pull your event in!

What do you mean by creating a new account? In my gsuite? In zapier? I'm a bit confused at this part. Even then I think that I would no be able to get the correct sample, above I explain what's going on. I have no idea why this happens...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@elamhut I’m really sorry - I meant to create an Event, not an account. I’m sorry for the confusion there! 🤦

So, create an EVENT that matches the search that will start in the next two hours. Then click the button to get more samples, that should pull your event in! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @elamhut (and anyone else who is looking for an answer here), Zapier will insert dummy data for tests when we can’t find or haven’t been asked to find real data. To sum up the solutions suggested in is thread:

• Try opening the dropdown box and clicking to get more data. This should bring through new, live samples for you to work with

• Alternatively, another trick is to create an event that matches the search that will start in the next two hours. From there clicking the button to get more samples should pull the event in