Best answer

Bulk update of e-mail addresses in Mailchimp

• 12 May 2020
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I wonder if someone can help me with building this zap.

Some of my subscribers want to change their e-mail addresses, and we have a specific department handling all the calls for these. Instead of manually updating the users, I want to create a Zap that finds the original e-mail address listed in Mailchimp, and update it with the new e-mail address. 

However, it seems difficult to do this as the platform assumes everyone updates their e-mail addresses themselves (I can only dream!)

icon

Best answer by Danvers 16 June 2020, 18:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @mjlourens ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Taking a look, I see that you are working with Wes in Support on this flow. I will let them continue digging in here, as they have access to your specific Zap and configuration.

In the meantime, just let us know if you have any additional questions- always happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If someone has a similar question, here’s what our Support Team said about this one:

Unfortunately due to how email databases work, I don't think there's a way to update the user's email integration. This is because the 'Subscriber email' is what we call the primary key, or the unique identifier to bring us to the user's record in Mailchimp. Without the email, we won't be able to find the record in question, meaning it's not a field we can override.

The only workaround that I can think of right now is to create a new subscription with the user's new email address and then unsubscribe the previous subscription with the old email.