Question

Bringing new leads from Birdeye into Pipedrive

• 9 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, I hope you’re well

I’ve been trying to build a Zap that will, when a new lead is created in Birdeye by messaging us through Livechat, pull their details through to Pipedrive, try to find an existing ‘Person’, if one exists, then create a new lead attached to said person, otherwise to create a new ‘Person' and then a ‘Lead’ against that record.

When I’ve tested with the Zapier ‘test’, it works fine and actions. When I actually put it into practice and do a test of messaging via the chat, it doesn’t come through and I understand it is an instant Trigger. Am I simply misunderstanding, therefore, what the ‘New Lead’ event trigger is actually referring to within the Birdeye function, and can anyone advise then how I can work it?

Kind regards

Sam

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SamScheitler 

You need to select an option from the dropdown list.

Thanks Troy, maybe I’m missing a couple of steps still as it won’t come through, or maybe I’m selecting the wrong Field to Search by - I tried ‘Phone’ but, again, internal tests on Zapier working but not the external live ones

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SamScheitler 

If your Zap is ON, then test live, and check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

If the Zap is NOT triggering to run, then that may be an issue with Birdeye, and you may need to reach out to Birdeye Support for them to help you troubleshoot why their Zap app integration is not firing.

Thanks Troy - yes, no triggers showing so I’ll speak to them and find out where it’s falling down