Best answer

Bookingsync: Retreiving commission information from AirbnB bookings

Hi Everyone,

For a rental agency I am currently trying to automate some accounting things for the owners. In bookingsync, I am trying to retreive information from Booking.com and Airbnb in order to show the owners of the rentals how much money they receive from each booking. I need to retreive the rental price and commission from these platforms in order to get to the payback to owners. Unfortunately, the app can read the ‘commission’ from bookings originating from booking.com, but not from Airbnb. I can't seem to find the reason for this. 

Anyone maybe has experience with this and could help me out?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Baruch

icon

Best answer by christina.d 3 June 2022, 23:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Baruch!

I don’t have experience with BookingSync personally, but I can see that there are other fields that don’t come through when the original booking was from Airbnb. To look into whether we need to create a new feature request to add the commission field with Airbnb transactions, please could you contact the Support Team using our Get Help form https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Baruch! I can see you were able to open a ticket with our friends in support, which is perfect!

Danvers touched on this above but support also confirmed a known bug with BookingSync where fields aren’t coming through if the source is Airbnb. Our team went ahead and added you to the report so we’ll be sure to keep you and the topic updated once a fix is in in place! That said, since this particular app is managed by BookingSync is might be worth reaching out to them directly as well.

Thanks again for flagging this and welcome to the Community! 🤗