Best answer

Best solution for uploading to Drive based on content many different folders

Userlevel 1

I have 27 folders I need to upload documents to based on parsed data from DocParser. I’m using paths, but it looks like I would need 27 paths to set up the logic for 27 folders. Is there a better way of doing this? Would it be better to have 27 different zaps? Would I have to pay for each zap every time a parsed document is available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jpot 9 July 2020, 18:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey! My name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog. Nice to meet you! 

You could do this without paths, but it might be tricky. The thing to do would be to add a search step and look for the specific folder you want to put your file into. You’d need to match the folder name to something from the document, but do that and you should be able to point documents to whatever folder you want without having to manager 27 paths. Does that make sense? 

Userlevel 1

It makes sense and I didn’t know about search steps. However, I was able to figure out that if a zap’s conditions fail, then you don’t get charged for the zap. And that makes having 27 zaps not a problem. It is a bit cumbersome but I can get exactly the filename I want for each folder. 

Thank you for answering this question!!!