Question

Best process for checking permissions of all Zaps

• 11 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear community,

I should review all Zaps and steps where there might be too much shared - more than necessary. Do you have a recommendation how I could achieve this? I assume that there is no official export / interface from Zapier? 

Specifically, I wonder how I can address:

1. Is there an overview of all Zaps and who they are shared with?
  2. Is there an overview of all Zaps in an organisation that is not visible to me (I don’t have an admin account but could ask our admin to do it for me)?
  3. Assume I have been invited to a Zap where a private connection is used. Then, I cannot see who this step is shared with - could the admin see that?

Many thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @greenhouseautomation 

Some of the features may be available on certain Zapier plan.

Managing access to Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496307974541-Manage-access-to-apps-in-Zapier

For example, export/import Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496308481933-Import-and-export-Zaps-in-your-Team-or-Company-account#01H84JFSGFQPN0M13TMRFDPA1Q

Zapier Help for searching other topics: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @greenhouseautomation

Is there an overview of all Zaps and who they are shared with?

Zaps would need to be placed within a shared folder (Team and Company plans only) in order for them to be shared. And within the shared folder(s)  an admin (or you if you have access to the folder) would be able to see all the shared Zaps in that folder: 

ebe66e8cefdf4d66df709de2fb51dc0e.png

So there isn’t a single overview listing page for all shared Zaps as they would be listed separately within each of the shared folders. Account admins and super admins can view and can change ownership of any Zap, regardless of original ownership.

Is there an overview of all Zaps in an organisation that is not visible to me (I don’t have an admin account but could ask our admin to do it for me)?

As mentioned above there isn’t an overview listing page for all shared Zaps within an organisation. An admin should be able to see all the shared Zaps including ones that aren’t shared with you.

Assume I have been invited to a Zap where a private connection is used. Then, I cannot see who this step is shared with - could the admin see that?

Yes, admins should be able to see and who an app account connection is shared with. Also, Owners of Team accounts, as well as Super admins and owners of Company accounts would be able to view and export a CSV file listing specific member’s Zaps and app connections

You can learn more about shared Zaps, folders and app connections here: 

Hope that helps to answer your questions. If there’s anything else you need help with just let us know! 🙂