Best answer

Basecamp 3 and Zapier - Ability to assign a "When Done, Notify"

• 10 August 2022
  • 6 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello.  I’m trying to connect google forms to Basecamp 3 using zapier and the process is going well.  The missing part is there is no option to add a person for “When Done, Notify.”  You can only assign a task to someone.  Is there an option that I am missing, or is this something that could be added?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 August 2022, 02:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @JDBilderback! Appreciate you reaching out! We definitely want to help!

Are you able to clarify your desired workflow here? Sometimes it helps to frame it in the form of: "When this happens in [blank] app, do that in [blank] app." 

It sounds as if you may be looking to trigger off a completed task or to-do in Basecamp? If so, you’re right at the moment this isn’t an available trigger. 😞 That said, it is an open feature request.

Let us know if that’s something you’d be interested in and we’re happy to get your vote added though!

We’ll keep an eye out for your response. 🙂

Thanks @christina.d.  To clarify, when an assignment is created in a google form, it would have an option, in addition to create an assignee in Basecamp, to also populate the field directly below that which is “When Done, Notify.”  The connection between google forms via Zapier already has the option to fill in the other areas, such as Assign, Due Date, Title, and Description, but that one field is missing.  It would save our company about 5,000 clicks on the “When Done, Notify” in Basecamp, and also make sure that people don’t forget to fill out that field.  

Have a great day!

Jeffrey

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey@JDBilderback!

I see what you mean. You want to set this…

e8bae31d03dd3c7a730879ef7d7d6fa5.png

… via the Zap. I’m afraid that’s not possible, although we do have an existing feature request for it to be added. I’ve added your vote to it, so you’ll be notified if/when it does get implemented.In the meantime, you could look into the Zapier developer platform and create a private app (harnessing the power of the Basecamp API).

If you don’t have anyone on your team who could tackle something like that, we do have Zapier Experts who might be able to help out.

I just checked and I’ve actually built my own private integration for Basecamp, to do something that ours isn’t capable of. If I can do it, then for sure you could find an expert who can help you out :)

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thank you.  I understand that the request is in, and I appreciate you adding my vote.  I do know that I would like to discuss further @nicksimard the possibility of working with Basecamp on the API side of things, since they don’t have a program to expand the opportunities.  We’re interested in uploading and downloading.  Please reach out to me at xxxxx@xxxxxvacationrentals.com to discuss further.  

Hey@JDBilderback!

I see what you mean. You want to set this…

e8bae31d03dd3c7a730879ef7d7d6fa5.png

… via the Zap. I’m afraid that’s not possible, although we do have an existing feature request for it to be added. I’ve added your vote to it, so you’ll be notified if/when it does get implemented.In the meantime, you could look into the Zapier developer platform and create a private app (harnessing the power of the Basecamp API).

If you don’t have anyone on your team who could tackle something like that, we do have Zapier Experts who might be able to help out.

I just checked and I’ve actually built my own private integration for Basecamp, to do something that ours isn’t capable of. If I can do it, then for sure you could find an expert who can help you out :)

I got a response from someone online.  Should I use an expert, or work with the people in your forum?@nicksimard 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@JDBilderback I should note that what I built was far less tricky than what you’re looking for, because I just needed to specify a few pieces of data and they came from the trigger (completed todo).

In your case, you’re creating todos that can presumably be added in a variety of accounts, projects, todo sets and todo lists:

And in order to create a dynamic field like this, where you pull in your available options and select it, that can get tricky:

As I mentioned, you could likely find an Expert that could help you out, since many of them tend to deal with APIs and creating private Zapier apps :)