Best answer

Bad Request Messenger to Help Scout

• 8 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi! I’ve an issue when I try to connect Facebook Messenger to Help Scout to receive all messages from my Facebook page to my mailbox in Help Scout, telling me "Bad Problem": 

Can someone help me? I’ve tried to replace the different fields unsuccessfully 😕

icon

Best answer by Danvers 10 July 2020, 15:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Pierrick Boutruche!

Hmm, it’s a little tricky to tell what the issue is from your screenshot because there could be a few things at play. Generally a ‘bad request’ error means that the app that the Zap is sending information to either:

1. Didn’t get all the information it needed
  2. Didn’t get information in the format that it needed
  3. The app account connected to Zapier doesn’t have permission to do what the Zap is asking

I would start by checking those things. For example, I can see that the Mailbox is set to ‘Hello’ - is that a Mailbox that you’ve selected from the dropdown list in the HelpScout step or one that you’ve typed in?

If that doesn’t help then it’s likely that someone will need to take a closer look at your Zap to try and find the cause of the error. If that’s the case, then the best thing to do is to contact the Support Team using the Get Help form

I have this same problem. 

Conversation is started in FB messenger and then a ticket would be started in Helpscout but it is throwing an error I am assuming b/c we can't pull an email address from FB messenger to match with a customer. So if this is a thing and an option, how do we go to the next step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Angie ,

So sorry you are running into this problem!

I see you have been in touch with Michelle in Support who relayed that Facebook Messenger doesn't send us the message sender's info. This is an open feature request to which your vote has been added! We will also email you with any update on this feature!

I know that’s not the answer you were hoping for but please let us know if you have any other questions!