Question

Azure DevOps Error: This account is expired. Please reconnect it here.

• 23 October 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

We are trying to connect to Azure DevOps. However we keep getting a message that our account is expired. However when we use the function of webhooks and catch hook and connect to our DevOps account manually it works. We really would like to use the functionality of Zapier to exchange information between our other apps and Azure DevOps through Zapiers connector, but we are unable to get the account to connect properly to do so. 

Has anyone experienced this problem and know how to fix it? I saw previously that some clients were having issues with Client Secret Expired, but that is not the message we are receiving. We are recieving this message:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

In Zapier check your app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1

Troy, the problem is we reconnect and it doesn´t show any error message, but as soon as I click on a field drop down to choose the matching fields from Azure DevOps we get the “connection aborted gaierror -2” message as seen in the photo above. It doesn´t allow us to reconnect. When I go to the Choose Account area it says Azure account expired reconnect, but the same thing occurs. We keep getting the same error message. We know that the account isn’t expired becuase when we tested it with a Catch Hook manual webhook connection with Zapier - it sent the information. 

Do you have any other suggestions?

Userlevel 1

I am also having this issue, it says it’s connected but same errors.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Fixinteli - I see you’ve been in touch with Support! Were you able to verify that the account connected to the Azure DevOps integration is an “admin” and try reconnecting? If that doesn’t do the trick, just reply to the thread you have going with Justin in Support and they can dig in deeper!

@sdowling - give the above steps a shot to see if that resolves the errors!

I have the same problem :( 

@Liz_Roberts  Are you saying that having admin credentials in Devops is required  to make the connection???

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @davidflesher@segrocers.com and @sdowling, if you’re seeing this error when you click on the drop-down fields to select something (eg Work item) then it’s likely that you need to allow third party access via OAuth. You can find that setting in application settings:

If that doesn’t work then the best thing to do is to contact the Support Team using the Get Help form (https://zapier.com/app/get-help) as they will be able to dig into this more with you. 

@davidflesher@segrocers.com regarding admin access, yes it looks like you need to have administrator access in DevOps to be able to connect DevOps to Zapier. I’m not 100% familiar with the permission settings for Azure DevOps, but there may be a permission setting that allows a user to connect to third party apps that would also work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ofek it looks like you have a slightly different issue, please try reconnecting your Azure DevOps account to Zapier. If that doesn’t work, please get in touch with the Support team using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I am also having the same issue. The moment I reconnect it, and it all works well for that time, and when I check it tomorrow, it says Account is expired. I am also the admin of Azure DevOps and OAuth Third Party integration is also enabled. Can anyone help here, please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Abdul Wahab ,

I see you have been in touch with Support regarding this issue. I will let them continue to dig in to troubleshoot as they can take a look at your specific configuration to better assist!

Is there a solid answer here? I’m having this problem as well - the connect expires and requires to be reconnected every single day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Zack McAnally and thanks for your message 🙂

There can be a few different reasons for running into difficulty with Azure DevOps so the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Support Team and they’ll be able to dig into your Zap with you. You can contact them using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help