Best answer

Avoiding duplicates with Pipedrive instant zaps

• 21 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to set up a workflow where certain Pipedrive(CRM) attributes would be shared to ChartMogul and Intercom. The issue I am facing right now is that I am using deal updated as a trigger and it’s an instant one. Whenever the deal is updated, the zap is triggered and it consumes several tasks even if none of the fields that are shared to other platforms are updated. I’d like to found a solution where tasks are only triggered when the attributes have been updated. 

Here are the solutions I have tried so far:

• “Only continue if” filter to make sure the data fields exist, but it doesn’t solve the issue when data fields are there but not updated
  • “Delay for” filter in the hope of avoiding updates that have made in a short timeframe - this didn’t work because the tasks were just triggered within a delay, not merging them and using the latest one as I had hoped to
icon

Best answer by SamB 21 September 2021, 17:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Modash 

Try using this Zap trigger:

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone - thank you. This seems to be a good solution now that I figured how these filters can be added and modified. The only issue I keep facing is that whenever I update my data, a zap will not be triggered. Do you also know how I can fix that?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to jump in here and confirm that the New Deal Matching Filter trigger would only trigger the first time the Zap sees the deal in there. It wouldn’t re-trigger if the same deal is later updated.

There’s an existing feature request for to allow updates to deals matching a particular Pipedrive filter to trigger Zaps as well. I’ve added @Modash’s vote to that and we’ll be in touch by email as soon as that’s been implemented.

In the meantime, it would be possible to still use the Updated Deal trigger to pick up on the updates but it may be worth to use an app like Google Sheets to keep a record of when new deals are updated.

To do that you’d use a Google Sheets Lookup Spreadsheet Row step to search for a matching row (it also has the option to create a new row if none is found). I’d recommend using the Deal ID as the search value since that will be unique to the deal. We have an article in Community that talks more about how to stop duplicate triggers that touches on this approach and may be worth reviewing:

Then you’d use a Filter step to check that whether _zap_search_was_found_status field is true (meaning that an existing row for that deal was found).

Next, you could use a Formatter (Text > Spreadsheet Style Formula) step to compare values of certain attribute fields in the spreadsheet row against the attribute values received from the Pipedrive trigger step. For more details on how to compare two values using Formatter check out the following article: 

After the Formatter step another Filter step could be used to check that the output from the Formatter step was “different”. Which would then allow the Zap to continue to run the subsequent ChartMogul and Intercom actions.