Skip to main content

I’m trying to figure out how to send an email to a list of contacts but rather than sending to them all at the same time, I want to send to each email individually for privacy concerns so that each recipient is not privy to others emails.

I am recommended this line of actions but I don't know how to properly handle the field, please explain how to utilize around this line.

Hi @Markdanny10101 

Help for using the Looping Zap app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Map the results from the GSheet step into the Looping step, then from the Looping step to the Gmail step.

Hi @Markdanny10101 👋

Just wanted to check in here to ask how things are going? Were you able to get the Looping and Gmail actions set up by following the guide Troy shared? 

Want to make sure everything gets sorted so please let us know whether or not you’re in need of any further assistance here - we’re happy to help further! 

Hello Everyone, the point of my Zap is to utilize my Gmail to send out an automated email once a month to multiple contacts as a sort of notification to direct them to a survey or request form. Thank you for other suggested responses.

The current status of my Zap is as follows:

Upon reaching the loop stage I think I arranged the details properly for it to give out the following after testing

When reaching the email portion by Gmail this is what are on the fields

unfortunately, When it comes to the output its still SENDING TO ALL THE EMAILS TOGETHER and putting all the names together in the Email. How do I resolve this purely using ZAPs resources. I would prefer changes to my existing system if possible

Ty for your responses, I hope to find a solution to this soon, I know its possible.

@Markdanny10101 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode, so we can see the field mappings.

@Markdanny10101

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode, so we can see the field mappings.

@Markdanny10101 

The Looping help link indicates NOT to use the “Preview” variables from the Looping step.

https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

@Markdanny10101

The Looping help link indicates NOT to use the “Preview” variables from the Looping step.

https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Thank you for confirming, I noticed that from the instructions but the choices I have are limited from selections. If the results from the Looping testing are given out in this format, and this is  from sLoop from text]

What are the recommended fields do I need to place for the TO and when looping names in the email

These are the only fields being recommended for filling, which do I select? 

I would like to add, that this zap hasn’t been published yet. Is this a reason why it wont run on real data hence keep giving me {{Preview Loop Values EMAIL}} instead of {{Loop Values EMAIL}}? So do I need to buy an upgraded plan, to publish the zap?

That’s correct @Markdanny10101. If you’re using a Looping action then that would make it a multi-step Zap which would require a paid plan.

To select the email you’d want to select the EMAIL field:

02566782dcd3582894ceaae099275c8e.png

When testing in the Zap editor it’ll only test the first loop so it won’t show all the email addresses in that field but, when the Zap is switched on and runs live it’ll run through each set of names and email addresses and send a separate email to them. And similarly for the names, you’d want to select the NAME field instead of the Preview Loop Values NAME field.

Can you try selecting those fields instead and let me know if that fixes it?