Best answer

Automating emails from Pipedrive so that they are sent within existing email threads instead of new threads.

• 2 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is a way to automate the sending of an email on Pipedrive without creating a new email thread? For example, if a Deal is rotting or inactive for 3 days, we want to be able to send an email to our lead within the same email thread that they contacted us on instead of starting an entirely new thread.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by SamB 2 May 2023, 14:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @deepshah, welcome to the Community! 👋

Ah, there aren’t any “Send Email” type of actions available with the Pipedrive app at the minute. We’ve got a feature request open to have that added to the Pipedrive app though so I’ve submitted your vote to that. I can’t give any estimates as to when it’ll be added but we’ll be sure to email you the moment it is.

As a workaround, I wonder if you could use a “Find Email” type of search action for the email app that you’re using to get details about the email thread. Then you could use a “Reply” type of action to send the reply email to that email thread.

For example Gmail has a Reply to Email action which could allow you to do that. In the Thread field (on that reply action) you’d just need to select the Thread ID of the email that was found (by the Find Email action) to make sure the reply is sent to the correct email thread. If you’re using Gmail you may want to check out this related article:

Hope that helps. Please do let us know whether you’re able to get a workaround up and running in the meantime! 🙂

Hey Sam,

Thanks for getting back to me and for the info - much appreciated.

Glad to know it’s been added to the PD feature request and will try out your suggested workaround too.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @deepshah,

You are most welcome! 🤗

I'm glad to hear that the information that my colleague provided was helpful.

In the meantime, I hope the suggested workaround will work well for you. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.