Question

Automating Confirmation Emails using Mailchimp when Products are Purchased on Stripe

• 4 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a stripe account through which I sell products. Once a product is successfully purchased, I would like the purchaser to receive a confirmation email with details of how to access their product. I have created this email on Mailchimp and have been trying to automatically send this email to customers once they have successfully purchased the product on stripe. However, it is not working.

Please could anyone help me make this work? Thank you very much.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Manu Sidhu,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, kindly send a detailed screenshots of your Zap steps configuration so that we can have sufficient context. Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thank you! 😊

Userlevel 1

Sure!

1st picture:

2nd picture:

3rd picture:

4th picture:

5th picture:

6th picture:

7th picture:

8th picture:

9th picture:

10th picture:

11th picture:

12th picture:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Manu Sidhu,

I appreciate the screenshots!

It looks like you’re on the right track here, but I noticed that you’re using the “Checkout Session Completed” trigger. To test, could you please try changing that to the “New Payment” trigger? After that, please try triggering the Zap again.

Please give that a try, and let us know how it goes!

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Manu Sidhu 

Good question.

For Step 2, please link to the Stripe API endpoint docs you are referencing.

The error is likely due to the mapped variables, not being the expected values.

Also, for Mailchimp, you may want to use Tags instead of Groups.