Question

Automatically send a Google Form to new clients

• 21 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there!

I need to send the Terms and Conditions to my new clients for them to read through and accept before their first consultation. I’ve been using a Google Form which includes the text of the agreement and a checkbox with “ I agree to the Terms and Conditions”, so the client reads it, checks the box, and submits the agreement. 

Until now, I’ve been sending the agreement manually through Google Forms, and I would like to have it automated so that when I schedule a consultation for a new client on Google Sheets or Google Calendar it will automatically send the agreement form to the new client. The issue is that Google Forms doesn’t have a “Send Form” action on Zapier. 

My question is if any of the other Form Creator Apps have such an action? 

Or is there any other way I can automate this task?

Or another idea of how to easily accept the Terms and Conditions?

Thanks everyone!😀

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Topseller99, welcome to the Community! 

Not sure if other apps have a “Send Form” type of action, but does the Google Sheets row or Google Calendar event that’s created contain the client’s email address?

If so, perhaps you could use an email app like Email by Zapier app to send an email to the client that contains a link to the Google Form. So you’d have two Zaps with the following triggers and actions:

Zap 1 - triggers from new spreadsheet rows

• Trigger: New Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) - triggers for new rows added to a specific spreadsheet
  • Action: Send Outbound Email (Email by Zapier) - sends personalised message to the client with link to the Google Form.

Zap 2 - triggers from new consultation events

• Trigger: New Event Matching Search (Google Sheets) - triggers from new consultations events based on certain search terms like “consultation”
  • Action: Send Outbound Email (Email by Zapier) - sends personalised message to the client with link to the Google Form.

Do you think that approach could work?

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your response!

That might be able to work, but I’d really prefer to send the form included in an email rather than a link to a form. I think it gives a more professional feel and is more streamlined. That's why I wanted to send the form to the client from within the form-creating app, but I can’t seem to find an Action that allows me to automate that☹️

Do you have any idea how I can do this?

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Topseller99 

I can see that the Support Team replied to your ticket, and you’re in conversation with them. Here’s the last reply:

I now get the gist of what you're trying to achieve. Please give this Zap workflow a try:

1. Trigger: New Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
  2. Action: Send Email in Gmail: Use the email returned by the trigger as the "To" address and include a URL link of the Form in the email's body. 

That'll send an email along with the URL link of the Form to a client each time the Zap triggers when a new row is added to the selected spreadsheet.

Please give this a try and let me know how it goes!

In this case, it will be best to keep the conversation going with them as they can dig into the error logs of your Zap with you to look for the cause of the errors.

Thank you for your response!

That might be able to work, but I’d really prefer to send the form included in an email rather than a link to a form. I think it gives a more professional feel and is more streamlined. That's why I wanted to send the form to the client from within the form-creating app, but I can’t seem to find an Action that allows me to automate that☹️

Do you have any idea how I can do this?

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond!

Automating the process of sending Google forms to potential clients is a great way to save time and help them to be more productive. If you use automation software, you are able to save valuable time by ensuring that all new customers receive the same form. That way, you will have a lot of data that is valuable and can be analyzed easily. If you create your own Google forms, you can also easily create your own customized forms and easily analyze the responses to get insights into your customers needs and preferences.

i