Best answer

Automatically add songs from one Spotify playlist to another

• 18 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I travel a lot and I don’t always have the time to check my Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists which are automatically updated by Spotify once a week. My goal is to automatically add all new tracks when the original playlists are updated so I don’t lose any new suggested tracks so I can go through new music once I get a chance.

Couldn’t do it myself but hopefully there’s a way to do it.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 19 January 2022, 18:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bagrov 

Spotify via Zapier has these available Zap triggers.

Try using the New Track Added to Playlist.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thanks for your reply.

I did try that trigger. And the trigger is not a problem, but rather the action.

There are a few actions available:

• Save track
  • Add track to playlist
  • Create playlist

For me the most logical one was the ‘add track to playlist’ but if I use it Zapier asks me to select one specific track. I still gave it a shot but instead of 30 different tracks 30 specified tracks were added to my new playlist.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @bagrov - I’m Rachael from the Community team, nice to meet you! :hand_splayed:

While not a Zapier solution (I tried a similar Zap setup and got similar results), I do know that on the desktop version of Spotify you can shift+click playlists to add them to a saved playlist via drag and drop. Not quite automated, but still lets you save songs you’re looking to listen to later!

Also, in confirming my solutions I found this really neat Reddit thread with a number of cool API connected Spotify tools that may be cool to check out if you’re inclined: https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/bvx6p3/is_there_a_way_to_copy_someones_playlist_without/  One that particularly stood out, “SmarterPlaylists” - I haven’t tried it myself but seems promising! Hope that helps a bit. 

-Rachael

Userlevel 1

Hi @Rachael S,

The manual solution was never an option because it was not automated.

But the “Smarter Playlists” works like magic! In a few clicks I was able to achieve what I needed and they do have an option to run it automatically X times an hour/day/week/month!

Problem solved!

Hopefully Zapier will do something similar in the future.