Best answer

Automated Reminder Texts at the Beginning of the Day

• 13 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Currently, we have multiple appointments scheduled on a google calendar, and we created a zap to send a text message, via heymarket, 2 hours before the scheduled visit (using the description section to house their phone number).

We are trying instead to send out a text to every customer scheduled for that day at 8 am, regardless of their appointment’s start time. 

I have been struggling to hack together a solution and any assistance would be super helpful!

For background with what we currently have set up:

Google Calendar is our first node and it says that all events with term Daily Visit, trigger a text 2 hours prior to event. 

HeyMarket is the second node in our current zap and all it is doing is referencing a daily reminder template and sending the text to the phone number located in the description section of the google calendar appointment.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 October 2020, 00:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Use GCal Event Start as the trigger and set the Time before to 24 and the Time Before (Units) to Hours.

This will trigger 24 hours before the Event Starts, thus ensuring always the day before.

Then use a Formatter step to add 1 Day to get the day of the Event.

Lastly, use a Delay step to delay until 8AM for the date of the Event.

[ADVANCED] Could instead use a Code step.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much!

I might be missing something with the Formatter date/time addition step when I tested it out. Am I adding a day to the Event Begins Input?

I don’t see an input for the 24 hours before event date/time so with the way I have it now, it is outputting 10/15, which is tomorrow instead of today.

(The test object on my calendar is scheduled at 1pm today.)