Question

Automated Audio Transcription and Analysis Workflow

• 4 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Howdy! I need help with creating Zap that will automate following scheme - I upload an audio file with a recording of the manager’s call to the client to google sheets - whisper transcribes the recording into text - the result is exported to the adjacent cell to the right of my file - chatgpt analyzes the call for execution of the script that I specified - the result is exported exported to the adjacent cell to the right of the previous action - chatgpt analyzed this dialogue between the manager and the client and identified specific mistakes that the manager made during the conversation - the result is exported exported to the adjacent cell to the right of the previous action - chatgpt analyzed this dialogue between the manager and the client and issued a summary of this call to improve the script and suggested additional actions to improve the quality of service for our clients - the result is exported exported to the adjacent cell to the right of the previous action

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @D1mb0, welcome to the Community! 👋

It sounds like you want build workflow that takes new audio files of a call, transcribe and analyse them. Then have improvement suggestions created and added into the relevant cells in Google Sheets. I spotted that you tagged the Paths by Zapier app here, is it that you’re wanting to only carry out some of those actions in certain cases? Should the Zap only generate suggestions if mistakes are identified. Am I understanding that correctly? 

What’s app is handling the audio recording part? For example, should the Zap trigger when a new file is uploaded to an app like Google Drive, or is there a phone app that would send the recording to the Zap once it’s created?

For the transcription part you could use the OpenAI Create Transcription action. For the analysis and summary part it might be best to use some Conversation With Assistant (ChatGPT) actions. You can upload files for the Assistant to reference to so that it can better identify potential mistakes and give suggestions. You can learn more about using OpenAI Assistants in Zaps here: Use OpenAI's Assistants API with your Zaps.

Once the summary and suggestions are created you’d likely need to use a Lookup Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to search for the relevant row that needs to be updated. Followed by an Update Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to add the summary and any suggestions to the relevant cells in the relevant row in the spreadsheet. 

How does that approach sound? If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do with this workflow or you get stuck setting that up at all just let us know. Always happy to help further! 🙂