Question

Automate shopify product's tags & product's pictures background removal

• 6 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello there

I manage a Marketplace via Shopify. I have a lot of new products to process every day ( adding TAGS & background removal for pictures).

Would there exist a way to automate the addition of product’s TAGS (I obviously have a TAG rule, I just need to automate the addition of TAGs ) and the picture’s backgrounds removals using my template’s background ? 

Thks a lot for the one who will find me a way to do it ! <3

Magali 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MAGALI, welcome to the Community! 🙂

For tagging the products:
The Shopify app has a Update Product action so you could potentially use that to add multiple tags - please note that this action would replace any existing product tags.

I’m not sure what’s in the TAG rule, but if tags should only be applied under certain conditions then you might need to look at using a Filter by Zapier (available on Starter plans and higher) or Paths by Zapier action (available on Professional plans and higher) to allow you to add certain tags based on certain conditions.

If that sounds like it would be something you’re after then I’d recommend checking out the following guides to learn more:

Removing the image background:
You could potentially use an app like PhotoRoom or remove.bg to remove the background image. I’m not sure if it’s possible to replace the background image with another image with PhotoRoom, but it looks like the remove.bg app has that option.

Hope that helps to get you headed in the right direction. Please do keep us updated on how you get on!