Question

Automate data from Google Form daily to new Excel spreadsheet

• 27 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello

I am new to zapier. I am trying to make my business paperless. Part of regulation in my business is to have a sign in sheet. So I created a google form for my clients to sign into, then I created a zap to upload all responses to a microsoft excel sheet stored in my one drive. Ive also created a Zap to create a new Excel sheet and to Name it : “Sign in sheet current date Office Name”. What I would like to do is to find a way to automatically alter my google form zap everyday to direct the data it is transferring to the new excel sheet.

Is this possible or would I have to manually alter my google form Zap every day to direct it to send its Data to the new sheet?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dustinkay 

You can get this done using Google Sheet by adding the following actions after form submission trigger:

Sheet: Create Spreadsheet (copy any other sheet if you’d like) > Create spreadsheet rows to populate the data into new sheet > Drive: rename file action to change the file name if you want.

I’m not sure whether you can do this via Excel’s integration as I don't see a way to copy a template sheet there. But you can play around and see if it works.

Hi @dustinkay 

You can get this done using Google Sheet by adding the following actions after form submission trigger:

Sheet: Create Spreadsheet (copy any other sheet if you’d like) > Create spreadsheet rows to populate the data into new sheet > Drive: rename file action to change the file name if you want.

I’m not sure whether you can do this via Excel’s integration as I don't see a way to copy a template sheet there. But you can play around and see if it works.

Thanks for your response, what Im seeing this doing is every time I have a new response to the form it will create a sheet with only that value. I want to have a one sheet with all clients name for that day. Then the next day have a new sheet where the same form will populate the new sheet

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dustinkay 

Some thoughts…

GForms automatically can save data to a GSheet: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2917686?hl=en

Is a timestamp of the GForm submission not sufficient?

What is the reason for having separate spreadsheet per day?

Hi @dustinkay 

Some thoughts…

GForms automatically can save data to a GSheet: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2917686?hl=en

Is a timestamp of the GForm submission not sufficient?

What is the reason for having separate spreadsheet per day?

I work in a medical facility it ihas to do with medical insurance regulations. If i was ever audited by an insurance company they would require i present daily sign in sheets to prove attendance, digital signatures do count. thus having an organized daily sheet would be wonderful for my compliance

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dustinkay

Wouldn’t 1 GSheet with timestamps serve the same purpose for compliance?