Question

Automate contacts from CRM to Excel/Google Sheets and Mailchimp

• 23 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have a question regarding the automation of sending reviews to customers. I want to automatically collect reviews by sending them a mail via Mailchimp.

Current situation
I'm exporting customer data from my CRM (no direct integrations possible through Zapier) and importing it to an audience in Mailchimp.

Desired situation
Automatically export data from the CRM to Excel/Spreadsheet or something similar and then make an integration with Mailchimp using Zapier. Is it possible to completely automate this workflow so I can send my customers a review after a few days.

I would really appreciate some help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Trevor 

You need to check with your CRM, whether they provide Webhook (preferred) or API access to the customer data. Then you can use “Webhook by Zapier” to connect with the data to a spreadsheet. And in another automation, pass data to mailchimp whenever a new entry is made from the “Webhook by Zapier” automation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Trevor 

Here’s a link to the Webhook app that @robschmidt mentioned: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

What is your CRM app?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Trevor 

There are 2 solutions - 

1. If the app has API/Webhook Events, than you can connect via Webhooks by Zapier (As suggested by @robschmidt  and @Troy Tessalone )
  2. If you really wanr to build the Zap and if it is urgent for you. Than there is a way, but you have to be an expert for this. You can use Google Sheet action “look up values” in Google Spreadsheet → Loop for new rows in Google Spreadsheet → Add your further steps of your Zap

Hi @Trevor 

You need to check with your CRM, whether they provide Webhook (preferred) or API access to the customer data. Then you can use “Webhook by Zapier” to connect with the data to a spreadsheet. And in another automation, pass data to mailchimp whenever a new entry is made from the “Webhook by Zapier” automation.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply. What I don't get (unfortunately I'm not that technical) is if the CRM provide Webhook access, why do I still need Zapier? If they provide webhook access isn't it possible to directly send their e-mailadresses to a Mailchimp audience of my liking and start the review automation?

And why is a webhook preffered above API?