Skip to main content

I am looking to setup an automation  , that when an attendee joins the zoom call and if the zoom call topics is " x" , and the date is the date of the meeting then find that person on sheet and mark them attended , but if the person is not on the zoom call but on the google sheet then once the call ends the person should be marked as "No Show"

This is what I was able to get done so far , I know the logic off attended would work but I can not seem to figure out the logic of “No Show”

I could try using “ When a new person enters meeting/webinar option but I am not sure if that would work as well.

Hi @Jeff12 

Why not make the assumption that all person are “No Show” by default?

Then only update from “No Show” to “Attended” if the Zap trigger fires, passes the Filter step, and matches to a row in the GSheet.

Well because initially the field is empty and after this zap runs , there is another ZAP for No show people , so by default cannot assume them to be a No show

@Jeff12 

If you want to find/update rows for “No Shows” after the meeting/webinar ended, then you will need a default value to search by in GSheets.

Why not set a default value of “No Show” or some other “PENDING” value?

Technically every person is a “no show” until they actually “attend”.

Ok , so lets assume that initially the status is booked , when a person enters the meeting it changes to “Attended” , but how would it know about the participants that didnot attended?

@Jeff12

After the meeting/webinar ended you can search for rows with Status: Booked

Rows that “Attended” would have already been updated via another Zap.

Zap actions:

• GSheets - Lookup Rows
    • Search by: Booked
  • GSheets - Update Rows
    • Update to: No Show

So there are different dates and times in the sheet .What condition do I use there?

@Jeff12 

For us to have more info, we need to see screenshots with how the GSheet is configured.

Col A : Date when lead booked the call 
Col B : Name 
Col C : Status 
Col D : Email 
Col E : Phone Number 
COL F : Date 
COL G : Time

@Jeff12 

Unfortunately GSheets Zap app integration only allows for searching by 2 columns.

If you need to search by more columns, then you may need another column that is a concatenation of the columns. (e.g. DateTime that the concatenated Date and Time)

Otherwise, you’d need to use the GSheets API to do more advanced searching.

I only need to search  the email and the date , I dont need any 3rd  thing . I just want to see when the meeting ends , those on the same date of the meeting who are still in booked , should turn to “No Show”

@Jeff12 

Search by 2 fields.

• Lookup Column
    • Status
  • Lookup Value
    • Booked
  • Supporting Lookup Column
    • Date
  • Supporting Lookup Value
    • >DATE]

Thanks , I was able to get that sorted out . I have another question 

Once its a “ No Show” or “Attendted”  , I want email and text sequences to run but once the lead responds , it should automatically stop the rest of the sequences of emails and texts? For email , I am using Gmail and for SMS , I am using Ring Central .  .

@Jeff12 

You need automations to update the GSheets for responses.

If you are building the communication sequences in the Zaps, then you will need to add a GSheet Lookup Row step each time after a Delay to get the current GSheet Row data for the Status column followed by a Filter to determine if the Zap should continue or not.

How would I know that the person has responded?

@Jeff12 

Depends on how you define that for each app being used.

I tried building an automation based on what I currently have and it seems like zapier can only support upto 5 paths .

Path 1 : If the lead doesn't respond to the email
Send them a text message

Path 2 : Check if the lead has responded to the email or text , if not send them another email

Path 3 : If the lead has not responded to the second emailsend them another text message and so on .

@Jeff12 

Help for using Paths: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

Path limitations

• Each path group can have up to 10 path branches.
  • Each Zap can have a maximum of 3 nested Path steps.
  • Zaps are limited to 100 steps, including all steps within paths.
  • You can only set up paths after adding a trigger to your Zap.
  • Deleting a Paths step deletes all path groups within that step, including nested paths.