Question

Auto populate Google Sheet header row with form fields

• 8 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Trying to get gravity forms to google sheets.

linking up the gravity forms fields to the google sheets fields is a bit of a pain.

Is there a way to have the gravity form field names (all of them) copied to the header of the sheet (done during the zap setup), and then auto populate which gravity form fields gets mapped to each of the columns.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @zigipha!

Are you wanting to create a new Google Sheets spreadsheet (with the right column header names and values) every time a new form in Gravity Forms is created?

If yes, it looks like that’s not currently possible as the only trigger available is for New Form Submissions. In which case you’ll want to reach out to our Support team and they’ll be happy to open up a feature request to allow Zaps to trigger when a new Gravity Form is created. 

If no, it would be possible to select the fields from from Gravity Forms to go to the different columns in the Google Sheets spreadsheet - Send data between steps by mapping fields. That said, if a new spreadsheet needs to be created for each form submission then I don’t think the column header names could be selected dynamically as it doesn’t look like we receive the form’s field names as separate values that could be selected. But, if all the forms had the same names for each form field then you could manually type those into a New Spreadsheet Google Sheets step and the Zap would create a new spreadsheet with the same column headers each time. Then you’d use a Create Spreadsheet Row Google Sheets action to add the values from the Gravity Forms submission into the relevant columns on that new spreadsheet.

Hope that helps? Please do let me know if I’ve totally misunderstood things here or if you have any questions!