Best answer

authentication failed: javascript exception: error: certificate has expired

• 30 September 2021
  • 21 replies

My connection with Parseur stopped working suddenly and received the above error message when testing the zap.  I go to reconnect and I just keep getting the error.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 1 October 2021, 02:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

21 replies

Userlevel 3

There is now a banner warning on Zapier about this, but no solution is offered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sbullet46 and @msandrew 

This is a known issue and outside the hands of Zapier to fix.

Userlevel 3

Who’s hand’s is it in?  It’s absolutely in Zapier’s hands. 

Zapier seems to be upgrading their root certificate library on their end, which should fix the problem. On the short term at least.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@msandrew

https://letsencrypt.status.io/

Check out this related Tweet:

when are we expecting a solution...

Userlevel 3

@Troy Tessalone Thanks for this.  As a non-IT person are you saying that Zapier failed to update their root certificate library for the planned expiry of the DST Root CA or are you saying it’s on Parsuer’s end?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sbullet46

This is due to the nature of the problem with expired certificates issued from Let’s Enrcypt.

That’s up to each of the impacted apps to address, so there’s no timetable available.

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support if you’d like to inquire further: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@msandrew 

As I understand the problem...

This is due to the nature of the problem with expired certificates issued from Let’s Enrcypt.

That’s up to each of the impacted apps to address, so there’s no timetable available.

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support if you’d like to inquire further: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 3

@Parseur (one of the impacted apps) is on this message string.  I think they may have a different opinion on this, but perhaps we can let them respond directly.  As they have noted, “Zapier seems to be upgrading their root certificate library on their end”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@msandrew

Zapier may be impacted as well in all of this.

It’s one thing when 1 app has an issue with a certificate expiring, but it’s another issue when thousands of apps/websites are impacted on the same day.

That usually points to some foundational issue with the internet such as when Amazon AWS has downtime, etc.

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issuing connecting to MatterMost
We have LetsEncrypt disabled, and yet having the same issue

This is a wider Zapier problem that needs to be addressed? @Zapier give us some details on the issue and a timeline on the fix?

Userlevel 1

Also, where do I find the “app status page”? 
That is referred to in the blue bar message

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HS212 

For Mattermost, this is their status page: https://status.mattermost.com/

Zapier has a status page too: https://status.zapier.com/

Userlevel 1

@Zapier what changed this morning? Its obviously impacted more than one app, so there surely is a reason from the MatterMost side

Lets drop some details to paying customers

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HS212

Please see the above thread for added context on the issue, thanks.

Here’s the gist related to Let’s Encrypt:

Userlevel 1

Just got this message from Zapier

Thanks for reaching out to Zapier -- I hope you're doing well today! Sorry you're running into a snag here with your Mattermost app. Jamie from Support, happy to assist!
​ 
The SSL certs for Zapier are all up to date. The main problem stems from user and partner code that hasn't been updated in a while and uses an old Node.js version. It's old enough that it doesn't trust the new LE cert, which is why you're seeing the error in the Zap Editor. 

We've updated a few things on our end that bumped our partner integrations to a new node version, so hopefully, this issue is resolved now. 👍

Having the similar issue on my WordPress blog and I am trying to fix it. Look like SSL issue but not sure. :( Do I need to update SLetsEncrypt on my site?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi everyone thanks so much for your patience!

@HS212 very much appreciate you posting supports reply to your message!  As you mentioned, our team pushed an update that should fix this and those zaps should be coming back online. Of course, if you’re still experiencing any underlying issues please don’t hesitate to contact our support team and they’ll be happy to dig in further with you.

@HS212@msandrew , @Parseur and @sbullet46 you’ve all also been added to the issue report and will be notified via email once all is confirmed good to go. We’ll also post here shortly with another update.

Thanks all for the assistance in clearing this up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rayansufian , it’s certainly possible it’s related! I’ve also added you to the report so you’ll be kept in the loop as well. If you’re still seeing those errors post email confirmation and the update here in the thread it might be worth opening a ticket with our support team

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Back again! This is confirmed resolved on our end and those emails should be forthcoming. Updated certs will still be required from partners but the recent push should fix it in the interim. Please open a ticket with our support team if zaps still aren’t running as expected though. Thanks once again for your patience!