Best answer

How can I set a Zap to only send automated post-event emails to actual attendees, not cancelled ones?

• 2 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

At the moment, I have an automated email that goes out to all event registrants one hour after the event is over, to not only thank them for attending the event, but also to ask them to give us feedback about the event and to review us on Google.

That said, a lot of my automated emails are going to the right people, but also going to a few wrong people, as some of the would-be attendees cancelled ahead of time, which then prompted me to Delete/Cancel the attendee.  In other words, some of those automated emails are going to people that registered, but never attended the event.

Is the only workaround for this to change the trigger to check-in instead of registered?  I’d prefer not to do that as check-ins can be cumbersome.

In short, is there a way that Zapier could potentially read “attendees that are still currently registered at the end of the event”, for example, and then trigger the email?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 4 June 2020, 02:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @familypupz!

I think you’re on the right track here. Given the existing triggers, the New Attendee Check-In trigger would be the best one to get what you need (even though you’ve said that check-ins can be cumbersome). We’ve got a few existing feature requests that could help and I’ve added your vote to all of them. If/when they’re added, you’ll receive an email notification. I realize that doesn’t help you right now, but every vote we add helps to bring requests to the front of the line.

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for your response Nick!  It was an answer that I was not hoping to get, but that I was prepared to receive.

Will certainly try to implement the Check-In trigger and see how it goes!

Look forward to receiving an email if a new feature could help me alleviate this minor headache.

Best,

Family Pupz

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks 👋

I’m sorry to say that the feature requests @nicksimard mentioned here previously aren’t going to be pursued by the team at this time. Of course, if anything changes on that front we’ll be sure to let you know right away!

In the meantime, please do reach out in Community if you have any questions or if there’s anything else we can help with.