Best answer

Attachments from airtable to zendesk

• 5 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

Just been told that one of our zaps isn't sending attachments from Airtable to Zendesk

The zap works without any failures but when I checked it (someone else created it), it had in the “set up action section two parts

1. Enquiry This is a test ..airtable form
  2. Attachment[[thumbnail]] - this had a little cog next to it

I accidently deleted the second bit and now dont know how to send the attachment or a link to the attachment in Airtable to Zendesk.

It had stopped working anyway and the only working examples were just he url as text.

How do I add this code back or roll back my change and view what is in the little cog bit?

Sorry total newbie and thanks

PS As I said before the ZAP works without errors and sends all data to Zendesk except the attachment or attachment url

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 March 2021, 16:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Paulg 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap step is configured.

Is there only 1 file or can there be multiple files?

Here’s a help article related to attachments in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

For each Attachment from Airtable these data points are provided:

Userlevel 1

Here is the bit where i accidently deleted what was there but didnt work anyway. First Comment/Description section. It has a little cog in it.

The previous zap before I deleted the cog bit had this in the “data in” section:

first_comment_public:

yes

comment_format:

HTML

name:

sdfsdfsfd

first_comment:

Please see attached for question.{{45550165__Attachments[]thumbnails__full__url}}

new

email:

test@mail.com

subject:

Website request: Data: Feedback around data or data enquiries

This was not working with the attachment url , but it certainly does not now I have deleted it :)

How do I add this back with an attachment URL that works?

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Paulg 

Try selecting one of the Attachment URL data points (starts with https://) that are returned from Airtable and map that to the desired location in the Zendesk step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Paulg 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?