Question

Attach a PDF in Google Drive to GMAIL

• 20 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have done this multiple times over the past several years and I have never had an issue.  But now I cannot get this to work.

Step 1: Identify a PDF File in Google Drive

Step 2: Attach that file to a GMAIL 

Step 3: Send GMAIL with attachment

Typically, I make the PDF file in the Drive as VIEWABLE BY ANYONE WITH THE LINK

I also use the ALTERNATE LINK as the attachment and that is all that is necessary.

HOWEVER, that is not working when attached to the email.  The alternate link is working but when attached to the email it is not.

Thanks for the help!

gml

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @blueguy 

In the GMail attachment field you should map the file instead of URL, so that a copy of the file from the drive will be sent with the email.

If you want to provide the URL to that file, use this action “add file sharing preference” to get a publicly viewable link of that file:

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Rob:

Thanks for the speedy response.  

With regards the “File: (Exists but not shown) that is NOT showing up as a choice.  I have used in that in the past, but it is not available to me.

With regards the “Add File Sharing Preference”, that would not work for this ZAP as it only allows 1 choice at a time; while we are attaching only 1 PDF to the email, our employees are picking from multiple possible PDF’s

Any other thoughts?

GML