Question

Assistance Needed with Twilio Call Transcription to Firefly

• 31 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi Everyone,

I'm attempting to transcribe calls from Twilio call recordings to Firefly, but the transcriptions are not appearing in my Firefly account. When I manually access the URL passed to Firefly, it prompts for a username and password. Could this be the issue preventing transcription? I also tried saving the call recording to Google Drive using Zapier, but it's not working. I have attached relevant screenshots. Can you please help me resolve this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kum 

Help article for sending files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

To send a file in a Zap, you need to use a file object or certain types of URL links.

File objects are the bundles of data that represent the actual file. This is different from the name of the file or other file attributes. For example, the actual image of an apple is the file object, while the file name might be “apple.jpg”.

If you’re using a URL link to a file, it has to be:

• Publicly-accessible: it can’t require a login to be accessed.
  • Downloadable: the app you’re sending it to must be able to upload it to their server.

Some apps will create a text (.txt) file if you enter text values into a field that accepts files.

Limitations

• Some file fields may not accept text.
  • Files larger than 100 MB may result in a time out error.
  • You can only add 1 file per field. If you need to add additional files, you’ll need to add separate action steps.
ratingStar icon Tip

You can test your URL link by opening it in a private or incognito browser window. If it prompts you to download a file, the link can be used. If it prompts you to log in to an app, loads directly in the web browser instead of downloading, or results in an error code, the link can’t be used.

1. Check if your previous step provides a file

• If a previous step has a File field with an (Exists but not shown) value, that is a file object.
  • If a previous step has an Attachments field, it may have a file object or a URL link to a file that you can use.

2. Add a file to your action step

• If your field accepts files, you will see a file File: filled icon.
  • Insert your file into the field by selecting it from an earlier step.

If you need additional help using files in Zaps, contact Zapier support.

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

My main concern is that I’m passing the file direly from Twilio, but still it’s not working it’s asking for userid and password.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kum 

For us to have full context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kum 

We would need to see how each Zap step is configured to have full context.