Question

Assigning task to deal or contact when deal stage is updated

• 18 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey guys 

I hope everyone is well 

I’m trying to build a workflow automation in pipedrive via zapier so that when I update a deal stage, an activity is created so that I remember to do it

The automation I have built in zapier does lead to the task being created when the person is moved in pipedrive but what it doesn’t do is show the contact that the task has been created for and just appears generically so you wouldn’t know who you need to do that activity for. The task in this case is send out fee agreement link and as you’ll see below, it’s not assigned to any contact and just appears standalone

Any ideas on how you can do the same automation but so it’s assigned to the deal/contact you’ve moved in the deal stage? 

Thanks in advance everyone 

Chris K

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Chris Kennaugh, welcome to the Community! 👋

In order to associate the new activity with a specific person you’d need to enter the person’s unique ID into the Person field. And to associated it with a specific deal, you’d need to enter deal’s unique ID number into the Deal field.

Associate a person

To do this, in the Person field (on the Create Activity action) select the Custom value option, then search for and select the ID field that’s output by the Updated Deal Stage trigger. Like so:

f204a6dca31a7c264b226c886e1c84e6.png

Associate a deal
For this, Deal field (on the Create Activity action) select the Custom value option, then search for and select the ID field that’s output by the Updated Deal Stage trigger. For example:
1a377cadd77dc135d6060279ac5e36b7.png

That should ensure that when the new activity is created it’s linked to the same deal that triggered the Zap. You can find out more about using the custom value option here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that sorts it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Chris Kennaugh 

Good question.

Try using the native Pipedrive automations instead.