Skip to main content

I'm trying to create an automation that creates an opportunity in Capsule CRM, when we send a Quote to a customer from our quoting App called Quotient.

When creating the Zap, I am attempting to assign the Opportunity Owner as the team member that sent the quote, which is value is taken from custom value taken from the test data pulled in from Quotient. However, when I test the zap I encounter the following error.

Failed to create an opportunity in Capsule CRM

The app returned "user not found".

Click on the Troubleshoot tab below or learn more in our help center.

If I leave that section blank, the zap will enter the data as the Capsule CRM account that I have used to log in. This will assign ALL quotes that are sent from our 7 sales team members as being owned by the 1 user, which is not what we want. How can I make it so the opportunity is assigned to the person that creates the quote?

Hi @RobbieMateria 

For us to have more info, post these screenshots:

• How your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the filed types and mappings
  • The encountered error

Hi Troy,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Please see attached. 

1. shows working zap
  2. shows the changes made to the app, by adding in the custom ‘Owner’ value taken from the test data pulled in from Quotient
  3. shows the error
  4. shows the bottom of the error return, showing the ‘Owner’

@RobbieMateria 

Help link for mapping dynamic variable values to dropdown lists: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Thanks Troy. I have read through the help page on mapping dynamic variables and feel as though I have followed the instructions correctly.

If I assign a Static Value as the owner, (in this case it’s Oriana) as highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below, I assume ALL Zaps will assign ‘Oriana’ as the same owner, is this correct?

When configuring the Zap, it does dynamically find the correct owner, but then the zap runs, it returns a "user not found" (owner) error.

I have also checked and both user names in Capsule and Quotient are the same, so I have no Idea why the "user not found" (owner) error occurs. 

@RobbieMateria 

EXAMPLE

You are trying to pass a value of Owner = Oriana Rivera Lopez

Capsule expects a value of Owner = Oriana

That is why the error is happening, because you are passing an invalid value.

You need to translate the values form what Quotient provided to what Capsule requires.

One option is to possibly add another Zap step: Capsule - Find Contact

That should return the Owner ID value to use.

OR another option is to use the concept of a lookup table.

RESOURCES:

Ah ok. 

I think if I add another Zap step: “Capsule - Find Contact” I will need to create multiple zaps for each sales person right?

If I use a lookup table, what do you suggest is the best way to translate 

Owner = Oriana Rivera Lopez (Quotient) to Owner = Oriana (Capsule)?

I appreciate your help with this Troy.

Ok, I have created a Lookup table. Do I just now add ‘Find Record’ into the Zap?

@RobbieMateria 

You should not need the Zapier Tables Zap step if the Capsule Find Contact step works to find the Contact by name.

Vice versa, if you are using Zapier Tables, you would not need the Capsule Find Contact step.

Zapier Table needs at least 2 columns:

Quotient Name | Capsule Name

Oriana Rivera Lopez | Oriana

Ok great. So  I have gone with below, looks to be working. Fingers Crossed! Thanks Troy! 

That’s amazing @RobbieMateria! Thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

What a bunch of legends! Thank you.