Best answer

Appending to a HubSpot property

• 13 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there, I am looking for help on a Zap from Crowdcast to Hubspot.

We want to have a running list of “seminars” that someone has attended. Right now we have a multi-text field called dev_seminars. We want it to add the “event name” from Crowdcast to the end of that property each time.

This is what we have now - however, the “Create or Update” is overriding what values existed in dev_seminars before.

I tried doing some zaps using Text/replace, but I can’t work out how to append to something at the end.

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 April 2021, 00:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SafeStack 

Do you mean multi-select or multiline text (meaning multiple rows of text)?

Perhaps you can provide a screenshot for how you’d expect and example entry to be updated in HubSpot?

If multiline text, then try adding as Step 2 a HubSpot Find Contact search and return the desired field, then you can map the values from Step 1 and Step 2 together, like this for example:

[Step2Value], [Step1Value]

If multi-select, then check out this help article...

Multi-select fields won't work

If you have a multi-select field in HubSpot, you can map data to it by putting a ; in between the options.
For example, it would look like this:

That would result in more than one option being selected on the HubSpot side.
Note that the data you pass to HubSpot has to exactly match the option in HubSpot, including punctuation and capital letters.

Hey @Troy Tessalone - How do I map them together? Can you show me an example?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SafeStack Can you please clarify the type of field you are using: multiline text OR multi-select.

@Troy Tessalone  Multi-line text (since multi-select couldn’t work, as it will be a new value for each Crowdcast event)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SafeStack 

Check out this article about mapping data points from previous steps

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

If multiline text, then try adding as Step 2 a HubSpot Find Contact search and return the desired field, then you can map the values from Step 1 and Step 2 together, like this for example:

[Step2Value], [Step1Value]

or on separate lines like this:

[Step2Value]

[Step1Value]

Ah ha! It works.

Thanks Tony!