Best answer

Appending Text to GoogleDocs Removes the Documents Comments and Suggestions

• 8 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there,

This is a tricky one, likely without an answer but asking in hopes that someone knows a solution!

When using Zapier’s ‘Append Text To Document’ action step, it seems that all comments and suggestions of the document get displaced in the process of appending. Comments seem to move onto the Doc itself and suggestions seem to disappear, as seen in this example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Wnul5ynB

Does anyone have any idea why this occurs? In desperate need of an option for appending that doesn’t cause this issue! Many donuts your way if you can figure this out!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 9 January 2021, 02:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Update: Integromat does not have this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JakeatGrantMe!

So sorry for that unexpected behavior. I looked into it and I can see an existing bug report this (and you contacted our Support team who added you as an affected user). That means that when it gets resolved you’ll be notified via email.

I do see that Support recommended a couple of possible workaround. If either of those work, we’d love to hear about it!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @nicksimard,

Thanks for this!

Neither workaround works for me! Hoping there’s an update for this!