Skip to main content
Question

Appending Reference to Relationship Field in Podio

• 2 July 2024
  • 5 replies

How can I append a reference to an existing reference in a relationship field in Podio using Zapier? 

Relationship fields in Podio reference other items in Podio and take integer item ID values that identify the items they reference as input. When I try to send two item ID values through in the update item action in Zapier (the existing reference and the new reference), Zapier treats them as one large number and returns this error: “Failed to create an update item in Podio
The app returned "Invalid value xxxxx (integer): must not be larger than 18446744073709551615".”

What should I do?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @salar154 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field type/description.

Let me know if you would like to see anything else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@salar154 

The Open Class field expects 1 value.

If you need to add multiple values, then you will either need separate steps or use the Looping app to iterate over a list of items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Can you expand on what separate steps would be needed her to add multiple values to a number field or how a loop could help in this endeavor? I don’t want the existing values in this field to be overwritten.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@salar154 

I don’t want the existing values in this field to be overwritten.

That depends on the field type in Podio.

If the field allows for 1:1 relations between records, then only 1 Open Class ID can be passed.

If the field allows for 1:MANY relations between records, then try passing only the new Open Class ID value, and check if the existing linked records are kept or cleared.