Best answer

Append the value when zaping the field to Hubspot Properties that already had existing values without overwriting it.

• 1 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to Zap field from typeform to hubspot properties but append the values with separator (if the property already has the value) not replace the property values in hubspot.

Example Case:
A want to refer B,C,D,E
Property in Hubspot will be "Referees"
I want to zap B,C,D,E email address to "Referess" property in hubspot, without replacing existing value (if any), instead it will append value with coma separator.

I know for first form submission we can use multiple field and zap it together, but the problem is when A submit form for the second time, it will replace existing value.
Is there any workaround to append the value if the properties already filled out?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 15 September 2020, 22:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Greenhouse - Thanks so much for the question here. Have you checked out Formatter by Zapier’s “Replace” function? https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-use-formatter-functions#using-replace - I feel like this would be a good option to check out if you haven’t already.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Greenhouse!

If you haven’t managed to crack this one, here’s a reply to a different topic that might help you out: 

In order to append something, you can do a search for that item, map the field that shows what was already there and then ALSO map whatever you’re trying to add to that field (usually from your trigger step).

Hope that helps!