Best answer

Apify web scrape results into Airtable (or any spreadsheet).

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m trying to get the results from Apify web scraping function into my AirTable. 

I can get the data to move but it keeps it all in one row. I need the data to separate into different rows (like when importing a CSV format). 

The Apify data is comma separated, but nothing I do will get it separate based on the comma when importing to AirTable. The Zapier function doesn’t seem to have an option. I can tell when I test the trigger that every item has its own row. But, when I go to import to AirTable (or Google sheets), it does not separate.

Here is a Loom video of me describing what I’m trying to do. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 June 2023, 16:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RV Shepherd 

Good question.

Try using the Looping app to handle arrays of line items.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any thoughts on where to put the loop?  I just tried a couple of place and continue to get the same unacceptable results. 

Here is an update loom video of what I’m seeing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RV Shepherd 

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Looping step is configured with the variables mapped from Step 1.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here are more details in this video.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RV Shepherd,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Thanks for the loom videos they’re really helpful!

Could you please try setting your Zap like this:

1. Trigger: Apify
  2. Action: Utilities in Formatter by Zapier - Text to Line-item
  3. Action: Looping by Zapier (Create Loop From Line Items) - In the “Values to Loop” field kindly map the output of the Formatter step to the 2nd column of that field.
  4. Action: Airtable (Create Record) - Kindly map the “Title” data from the Looping by Zapier step to the “Title” field in Airtable.

After that, kindly publish the Zap and trigger the Zap to see if it’ll work.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still striking out @ken.a   I appreciate you and @Troy Tessalone’s help.   

Here is an update video. Let me know if I didn’t follow your instructions correctly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RV Shepherd 

I don’t think you’ll need the Formatter step as the data from the Zap trigger in Step 1 already returns an array of line items.

For the Looping step, try mapping the “url” desired data point from Step 1 to the “Values to Loop” URL.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well...no success on that method.  Updated loom here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RV Shepherd 

Try changing to this Looping option and set the delimiter to be a comma.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for sticking with me @Troy Tessalone   Looks like that worked. Funny, as I’m pretty sure I tried it before with mixed results. 

Here it is in action if you want to see. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RV Shepherd