Best answer

Any way to make GCal Start Time Pretty and End Time Pretty... prettier?

• 24 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

GCal ‘Start Time Pretty’ and ‘End Time Pretty’ send somewhat ugly, redundant time formats, especially when used together. They put a 0 on the front-end of single digit hours EVEN though they also put PM or AM on the backend (i.e. it’s not military time). Fwiw would also be nice to be able to make PM and AM lowercase so the times stand out more. See screenshot.

I didn’t see in the Zap’s settings or Zapier’s settings. Is there any way to do this?

I’m using Zapier to sync GCal with Todoist. Yes, I know there’s a native integration but putting meeting times in the title of a to-do instead of a Due time allows me to reorder them in my Today view. Might seem small, but we’re talking about multiple meetings showing up in my Today view every day. Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 March 2023, 16:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @forbyus 

Good question.

You can use Formatter > Date / Time > Format steps in the Zap.

Or you can use 1 Code step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @forbyus!

I’m not able to replicate what you’re seeing. Can you provide a screenshot of how you’ve got your Todoist step set up in the Zap? When I add a date/time in either of the Due Date fields it doesn’t show up like yours does.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone

Looks like the Formatter > Date / Time > Format options are limited to even more complex formats (that all include seconds for example). Yet the ‘Custom’ option only allows me to select GCal properties, instead of allowing me to specify say HH:mm.

Is that correct or am I missing something? Or is the type of formatting I’m looking for only possibly through a Code step? (I ask because I wouldn’t know how to custom code this)

Userlevel 1

Hey @nicksimard, this is how I have it set up…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@forbyus 

Use the Custom option: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496257974029#date-time-custom-value-table-0-2

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone thanks but I’m confused. As I mentioned, the ‘Custom’ area doesn’t let me input a custom value, it only lets me select from GCal properties 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@forbyus 

You can type in the desired format where it says “Enter text or insert data”

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Ahhhhh! I got confused by the UX and didn’t think that was possible (since they give you a popup).

Working perfectly now… thanks so much! Before and after below...