Question

Amazon Seller Central and Freshbooks Integration

Hi!

We are tyring to use Zapier to integrate Amazon Seller Central and Freshbooks.  Basically, we want transactions to be automatically recorded from Amazon Seller Central to Freshbooks every time we get a sale.

We have been working with Zapier’s customer service, but we were not able to successfully connect the two.

Amazon does not provide sellers with customers’ email addresses, but the Zapier team said we need customers’ email addresses to successfully send transactions from Amazon Seller Central to Freshbooks.

We only can identify each transactions with order ID in Amazon Seller Central.

Has anyone successfully connected Amazon Seller Central with Freshbooks using Zapier, and with only order ID from Amazon?  Or are we missing something here?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @WineItNow 

Good question.

You could create unique placeholder email addresses since email is a required field to to create a client in FreshBooks.

You could use the ID provided from Amazon then append with “@email.com” or something of your choosing.

Customer information isn't available within the Zap editor

Due to restrictions with Amazon's API, it's not possible to access PII (personal) data from the Amazon platform such as email address, street address, phone number, etc.
Amazon is currently limiting this personal data to certain apps that are considered to be first-party applications involved in the fulfilment of sales on their platform.

We do have this as a feature request to have this data available on Zapier, so if you wish to be added to this list contact support.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for the reply.

Do you mean I shoud select “Amazon Order ID” in the Email field (circled in yellow) and then add “@email.com”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WineItNow 

Do you mean I shoud select “Amazon Order ID” in the Email field (circled in yellow) and then add “@email.com”?

Yes, that’s one option to try for a workaround.

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for the reply.

Could you see if I did this right (circled in yellow)? And should I check the “Create Freshbooks client if it doesn’t exist yet” checkbox?

Thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WineItNow 

Append “@email.com” or whatever static value you are trying to use

Check this box

Click this button

@Troy Tessalone 

Is this correct? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WineItNow 

Try to test it out!

@Troy Tessalone 

It seems like it worked :)  Thank you!

I am trying to move on to the next step, but it’s still confusing...I apologize for the series of questions.

For the client do I choose the one that was just created?

In this part of the set up, what do I choose?

It seems like I have keep selecting things from the drop down for the fields in the “Line Items”  For each of the line items, did I get them correctly?  And for the payment gateway, which one do I choose?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WineItNow 

For Client, use the ‘Custom’ option, and select the Client ID from the previous step.

Not all fields are (Required), some field are optional.

When in doubt, test it out!

@Troy Tessalone 

Do you mean this one (yellow check mark)?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WineItNow 

Yes

@Troy Tessalone 

I’ve set it up as you have recommended. If I turn the Zap on, will new orders on Amazon automatically be sent to Freshbooks?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WineItNow 

Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward.

Always best to test each Zap step while configuring the Zap, and then test the Zap again once live.

Check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to see how it processed: https://zapier.com/app/history/

@Troy Tessalone 

I’ve tested it after turning it on and it seems like it’s working.

Thank you for all your help in setting the Zap up.

If I have any issue moving forward, should I just leave questions here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WineItNow 

Yes, you can post here for the Zapier Community to contribute.

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you!