Best answer

Airtable to Hubspot

• 17 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve read community articles about pushing values from Hubspot to Airtable, but I need to push a form from Airtable into hubspot.

I see the article about how to not overwrite data here which I hope applies to airtable -→ hubspot as well, but I have two questions I couldnt figure out so far 

1. Is it possible to zap data from airtable into the Notes section for a customer? I could find particular fields to map columns from airtable into Hubspot, but Notes was never an option. If not, a suitable work around would be to map the fields from airtable into Hubspot if the article above works to not overwrite the data with each zap.
  2. The forms collected in my airtable base will include responses across all customers. How can I customize a zap so that based on the Customer name field it is sent to the correct customer in Hubspot?
icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 November 2020, 16:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try this HubSpot actions for adding Notes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Best to search Contacts by a unique data point such as an email address or phone number rather than by their name.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone! I’m not so familier with Hubspot so the create engagement tip was perfect.

I have my zap set up:

Trigger: New record in Airtable

Action: Find company in Hubspot

Action: Create engagement in Hubspot

and zapier says it was successful but I can’t find the data anywhere associated with that company. Did I order this incorrectly or perhaps just my data in the first action step isnt mapping correctly?

Userlevel 1

Nevermind I finally figured it out :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you map the Company ID found from Step 2 to Step 3 in this field?

Userlevel 1

yes, I finally realized I needed to link it that way, thanks. 

I have the last problem now that I would like to list some of hte values from my airtable in a structured way in the Notes in Hubspot, however it is sent in one merged block of text. I set up the contents of the note field

Field 1: X

Field 2: X etc.

I have tried adding commas and semi-colons, bolding the field names and nothing works. I tried using the Formatter action but it would break out the values in a given field into seperate line items. This is the last step to finally getting this set up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try HTML <br> for line breaks.

Userlevel 1

That worked!! thank you so much!