Best answer

Airtable to cPanel to create subdomains and redirects based on Airtable Records

• 5 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know if it’s possible to link Airtable with cPanel, either based on a webhook or cPanel API?

I don’t know too much about APIs, but I found this article that shows that it’s possible:

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/DD/cPanel+API+2+Functions+-+SubDomain%3A%3Aaddsubdomain

Here’s what I’m hoping to do. 

1. Create new record in Airtable. This table contains subdomain and redirect columns.
  2. That creates a new subdomain in cPanel. 

icon

Best answer by jacek.francuz 28 August 2020, 16:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @mdesign! I’ve moved your post over to our “Developer Discussion” category to see if someone with a more technical mindset might be able to offer some advice here. In the meantime, you might reach out to the folks at cPanel and ask them to add their app to Zapier by utilizing our Developer Platform: https://zapier.com/platform. That is going to be the most “user-friendly” way to connect cPanel and Airtable through Zapier. :relaxed:

Userlevel 1

Thanks Jesse, 

Zapier already has thousands of connections but having more is always a beautiful thing. I’ve reached out to cPanel as well and explored their API a bit to see if we can make something happen. 

I appreciate your response!

Please I would like to know if there has been any progress with this topic. I am also interested in using Zapier to create a new subdomain in cPanel when an entry is filled in a Google sheet worksheet or airtable. Would appreciate any help I can get @mdesign  and Jesse. Thank you.

Hi @mdesign and @isebiama,

I have recently built exactly what you are looking for. We created around 300 domains in bulk via cPanel API.

Let’s connect and speak about your case! Thanks.