Question

Airtable - Record Field Not Imported

• 9 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I want to create a zap for Airtable New Records events. It only import “id” “created_at” field. I want to know how to specify my own table fields ?

Cheers

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @biznessinsights

My Airtable "New Record" or "New Record in View" trigger is only returning "created_at" and "id" fields, even though I have more data than that!

Empty records in Airtable still count as trigger records to Zapier.
So, if you have empty records at the bottom of your table, Zapier will pick those up in testing.
Likewise, if you create new empty records (which Airtable may do automatically if you hit the 'enter' key while editing a record), those will trigger your Zap without any additional data.
Then, if you update that empty record later to add data to it, it will not trigger your Zap.

To fix this, make sure that you delete any empty records from your tables.

It works now that I have deleted all the empty rows.

But it’s still not showing some of them : a long text one (e.g. Description), and a multiselect one (e.g. Category)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@biznessinsights

Airtable trigger will only return data points that have values.

So make sure your returned record has the desired data points populated.

This is on purpose to keep the trigger data payload size as small as possible, since an Airtable Base Table could have hundreds of fields.

Ok thanks a lot