Best answer

Airtable / Google Calendar

• 10 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I have start and end dates syncing from AirTable to Google Calendar, but when I change the dates in AirTable, it seems to not be changing it in Google Calendar. I don’t need it to be a two-way sync. I use AirTable as my one point of truth and have zaps going from it to project management tools, google cal, etc.

Any help appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Martinewski 17 April 2020, 01:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Maria,

When you say it’s not changing in Google Calendar, do you mean that the Zap is triggering on the change in Airtable but then it’s not properly performing the action in Google Calendar? Or is the Zap not triggering at all?

Also, can you elaborate on what that Zap looks like? What is the trigger in Airtable and what’s the action in Google Calendar? Thanks!

Hi Nick - 

I’m currently using:

AirTable: New Record in View in Airtable  (to)

Google Calendar: Create Detailed Event in Google Calendar

The zap is working when a new record is inputted in Airtable with a date (it shows the date on Google Calendar. But if I were to change the date in the AirTable record (due to a change from the client/project, etc), I’m not sure how to “reactivate” the zap. If that makes sense. Maybe it’s an entirely different zap, but I'm not seeing how to have it constantly looking for changes being made in Airtable and updating in Google Calendar.

Thanks,
Maria

Userlevel 3
Badge

Unfortunately Airtable/Zapier integration only works on new records. After it ran on that record, it will never watch it again.