Question

Airtable cell reference empty

• 19 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Trying to set up a zap that fills a fillable PDFfiller template when a new record is added to a specific grid in Airtable. In the action step when I reference a cell in Airtable, it only references a cell for certain records in the Airtable base. For other cells, it says “no record found,” and if I type in the name of the cell, it simply repeats what I typed in PDFfiller instead of referencing that cell. Ideas?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hano.intake.noamm 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured for us to have better context, thanks.

Not much to see here yet. Here is another picture with the problem I described. In Airtable I have columns for multiple tenants, but many of the columns are unable to be referenced for some reason (for tenant 1’s age the cell is referenced as it should, but when I try tenant 2 there are no cells to be found). 

Additionally, based on the guidance to split a zap that creates a filled pdf document and downloads it into two separate zaps, I also have a part 2 for this process. I don’t understand why what should be PDF documents end up in my dropbox as .txt/

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hano.intake.noamm

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured with the variables mapped between Zap steps, thanks.

NOTE: Airtable only returns data points that have values in order to keep the data payload small.

Make sure your are configuring and testing the Zap with an example record that has those data points populated.

Here’s a help article for how to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger