Question

Affinity: How to automate copying data from a list specific field to a global field

• 8 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Within our Affinity.co Affinity account we have an organization list. Within it there is a field called “Status” which can only be a list specific field. We are an investment firm utilizing this as a deal pipeline where the status is the stage of review a company is in.

We would like to create a global field called “Global Status” that uses Zapier to copy the list specific “Status” and put the same value in the global field.

Does anyone know how to do this? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @EP_Zap_Account,

Great to have you in the Community! 🎉

I've got a suggestion for your workflow that I think might work well. You could use the Affinity app to trigger the Zap whenever a new organization is added, and then update an entity using Affinity as well. The Zap will look like this:

1. Trigger: Affinity (New Organization)
  2. Action: Affinity (Update Entity)

Also, you may want to check out suggested workflows for Affinity from our website: https://zapier.com/apps/affinity/integrations. This could give you some more ideas on how to automate your workflow using Affinity.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 😊