Question

Adding text to Google Doc using Append text

• 13 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Beginner
  • 16 replies

Is there a way to control where text will be inserted in the Append text to document option?

From what I have accomplished in this post so far looping is a good solution but I need to be able to control where to insert the Line Items from the Looping Action. Can Anyone shed a light on this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @KWF 

In your previous post you explained that you want the text to be set out like this:

ORDER no: lineitem [] Order

Customer Information:

First Name: lineitem [] First Name

Last Name: lineitem [] Last Name

Order Details:

QTY: lineitems []qty

SKU: Line Items [] sku

Desc: Line Items [] vendor line Items [] Product Title [description from Google Sheets]

Are you adding that information to the bottom of an existing Google Document, or do you want to create a new document for each order? 

The Append text to document action will only add text to the bottom of a document, it can’t add text to other areas of a document. If you want a new document for each order, you could try the Create Document from Text or Create Document from Text actions. They both allow you to add the information from the Zap steps where you need it in a new document. Let me know if you have any questions about that!