Question

Adding spacing to Google Form answers for correct spacing

• 4 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I am not very tech savvy, but I feel this is a simple answer. I have created a Google Form for capturing customer estimate requests. However, when it is created as a calendar event, the spacing for certain fields isn’t there.

Ideally, I would like parentheses / brackets around the partner name (in this case, Jim), and spacing between the next two fields, which are customer name and phone number.  As well, in the ‘description’ field, what normally goes there is a description of work needed (long answer text), and the name of the employee who took the estimate request, so there would need to be spacing there as well. We already have a form that we have been utilizing; however, it belongs to an employee who is no longer working with us, and has not shared that form, so I created a new one. I appreciate any help that can be provided!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sidney C 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us full context?

Yes, thank you! I’m certain my issue is ‘operator error’ :)

I should correct myself to say that the description is what is noted above; not who took the request. Will this help?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sidney C 

You will need to add spacing and formatting to the Summary and Description fields.

e.g. In the Summary field, you will want to add spaces between the mapped variables, and you can add static values in addition the the mapped dynamic variables.

Do the same in the Description field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sidney C 

To clarify, only the value of the mapped dynamic variable will be populated into the field, not the label.

So if you wanted it to say: Customer Name: Test, then you would need to configure the field like this:

Customer Name: [CUSTOMER_NAME]

Where “Customer Name: ” is a static value.

Where “[CUSTOMER_NAME]” is the dynamic variable as shown below.